Friday, June 30, 2017

Journey on Getting 2/3 Engineering Degree


That as you can see, after getting back from Tangerang I pushed myself enough and dedicated most of my time doing the best I could working on my research, since its due on June 12 if I wanted to do my research result seminar this June (and if I'm not I would have to wait for the next 2 month and I don't wanna postpone no more because I still had to do and pass Final Studio before I did my final seminar). So, this part, my doing research part is still a 2/3 part on getting my engineering degree. 

We worked everyday on our research (me and my gank), but I prefer did it at campus, on computer lab because the ambiance was quite serious to me than my comfortable dorm room, haha. We still managed to join an MMA (mixed martial arts) club on every Tuesday and Thursday because we still need a fit body to balance the stress on mind. 

Then it was suddenly June and we were working our asses off nights and days from dawn to dawn, even more its already fasting month so we stayed up all night and managed taking naps in between midday when we didn't have an assistance schedule. It was indeed a pressuring and hard-working phase we all went through. I felt like already being a half-dead typing machine to get my concept book done, lol. 

Alhamdulillah it all went through well. My lecturers keep on supporting me that I can make it, to join the seminar this period even though there will be some dull analysis on some points. But I can tell you that my lecturer doesn't look down on my project and always believes in me that I can make it. Alhamdulillah. The concept book itself due on Monday, June 12 and we had to submit it online to turnitin.com to check the plagiarism percentage, and once again Alhamdulillah that my concept book passed the requirements.

Then next, we prepared to the research result seminar itself. After we enrolled ourselves and submit the concept book, we waited for the seminar schedule to come out for like 2 days. It was indeed a heart-skiping-a-beat moment to had on. And again, Alhamdulillah I got my schedule on Wednesday June 21. which means I didn't have to rashly submit my (physical) concept books to the lecturers, both mentors and testers and invite them to my seminar. (since the schedule was out on Wednesday/Thursday and Thursday was a day off). 

Alhamdulillah I still got time to do the revision on my concept book and printed it, and also submit it to my lecturers. And next I was preparing myself for the presentation. I was so nervous because public speaking has not been really my things, to that I realize that I have to practice enough to overcome my anxiety. Alhamdulillah I still got friends who's willing to watch and give feedbacks on how my performance going, so I could improve my presentation and perform as well.

And when the day came, I had my seminar at 12.30 pm, in the midday of fasting day. I was still a bit nervous but I thought, "just breathe and don't think about it." Just let it all out and let Allah do the rest. I prayed a lot before this, I begged people to pray for me because I was that nervous. And my mantra is

(28)قَالَ رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي (25) وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي (26) وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِنْ لِسَانِي (27) يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي
which means: "[Moses] said, "My Lord, expand for me my breast [with assurance]. And ease for me my task. And untie the knot from my tongue. That they may understand my speech."
Amin, amin ya rabbal alamiin. And indeed my prayer got granted and Allah Swt make my presentation went well, alhamdulillah. I just can't tell, and no words can describe it well enough of how relieved, grateful and blessed I am at that time, and still until now. Alhamdulillah..







Captioning from my IG post for this:
"Self (+friendship) appreciation post.
Yesterday had been nothing but joy. Looking back to those caffeine and late nights, meeting w the lecturer, crazy ideas and getting close on being deadly robotic hardworking machine from dawn to dawn, until the heart-skip-a-bit phase we all went through, and the emotional (a.k.a muhasabah part, lel). Lacking sleep is a must, small social circle, non stop brainstorm, nauseous, and the rest, we know that we need to take whatever it takes to get at this certain point. Even if this only the 2/3 part of our journey of getting our degree but I know we can make it!

Looking forward to the upcoming event life has to hit us with, and to that, thanks to you, you and you! To whoever sweet enough for giving endless courage, support, ideas and most of all prayer. I would never thank you guys enough for that. 💜


Wishing the best of luck for all of us on the next phase which is Studio 147.👊

And for you whoever reading this too, good luck on everything you've been doing. May Allah always guide our way. 💖"

And to that, I thank Allah SWT for giving me endless blessing and pleasure that have never fail encouraging me and keep me going until this far, for giving me good people to be surround with, to the endless courage, prayer, blessing, support and ideas. I would never have enough words to show my gratitude towards this all. Just, then Alhamdulillah and may Your blessing always light our way to the next phase and beyond ya Allah, amiiin..

Yours truly, Ela Amna.

No comments:

Post a Comment